Description – Anavar is a dihydrotestosterone (DHT) derived steroid. Anavar (Oxandrolone) is used as a part of a program to regain the weight lost after surgery, illness, trauma, or as a result of treatment with certain steroids. It also treats bone pain caused by osteoporosis. This medicine is an anabolic steroid. Anavar is a favorite amongst men and female fitness models, men’s physique competitors and women bikini competitors. Have you ever noticed the incredibility round and full muscle bellies of a fitness model in a bodybuilding magazine and wondered how the heck their muscles are able to look like that? That’s the type of cosmetic effect Anavar gives the physique.
- The androgenic: anabolic ratio of Anavar is 45:320, giving it one of the lowest androgenic ratings out of all the commercially available steroids.
- Anavar is one of the few steroids that is safe to use by females. Anavar does not increase estrogen, prolactin or progestin levels so side effects like gynecomastia and water retention are impossible.
- Anavar provides really clean gains due to the fact that it causes no water retention or bloating.
- All steroids will negatively impact cholesterol levels.
- This isn’t a huge concern unless you have pre-existing cholesterol issues.
- The negative effects on cholesterol can be easily mitigated by following a cholesterol friendly diet (high in omega 3 fatty acids and vegetables and low in saturated fats, simple sugars, and refined carbohydrates) and by regularly incorporating cardio into your training program.