Levitra contains vardenafil, a member of a class of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. They are used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in adult men, a condition which implies difficulties in getting or keeping an erection. The recommended dose is 10 mg taken as needed approximately 25 to 60 minutes before sexual activity. Based on efficacy and tolerability the dose may be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg. The maximum recommended dose is 20 mg. The maximum recommended dosing frequency is once per day.
How to use:
You can take Levitra orodispersible tablets with or without food about 1 hour before sexual activity but do not take this medicine with any liquid.Don’t drink grapefruit juice when you use Levitra. It can interfere with the usual effect of the medicine. Alcoholic drink can make erection difficulties worse. Do not take more than once daily. Doses should be taken at least 24 hours apart.
- Levitra Tablet helps the muscles that are found around your blood vessel’s walls to relax, thus increasing the blood flow to specific areas of your body.
- Apart from that, it can be also used for improving the exercising ability in adults suffering from pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
- This phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE5) relaxes and dilates your blood vessels that are present in your lungs, thus improving your exercising ability.
- When sexually stimulated you will get an erection within 25-30 minutes which will last up to 5 hours.
Side effects that you should report to your prescriber or health care professional as soon as possible.
- back pain
- changes in hearing such as loss of hearing or ringing in ears
- changes in vision such as loss of vision, blurred vision, eyes being more sensitive to light, or trouble telling the difference between blue and green objects or objects having a blue color tinge to them
- chest pain or palpitations
- difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- eyelid swelling
- muscle aches
- a prolonged erection (lasting longer than 4 hours)
- skin rash, itching